Saturday 26 January 2013

Australia Day

Yummy!
Today we decided to load our three youngest boys into the car and go for a bit of a road trip. It's Australia Day today so we figured, what better way to spend it than to go for a drive through some beautiful country towns. We were pretty pleased that Isaiah and Aaron wanted to come with us; teenage boys often have their own idea of fun and usually drives in the family car isn't one of them.

Felix was so excited when we got in the car and he saw that his brothers were coming with us. It's pretty rare these days for all of us to go somewhere together, and Felix thought it was great that both the boys were there. His carseat is in the middle and he didn't know which brother, either side of him, to look at first, Isaiah or Aaron. Sometimes Isaiah would put his arm across Felix's lap, and Felix would hug it tight; other times Aaron would rest his head on Felix, and Felix would stroke his hair. I enjoy watching how loving the boys are towards Felix and how much he responds to them. I know that it's largely because of his siblings that Felix is developing so beautifully. They spend so much time talking and interacting with him, pushing him to try new things all the time. Nathan and I are so thankful for our older kids.
Snuggling his brother and watching a movie

We drove for about two hours, stopping to look at a few things along the way. We're always on the lookout for emus. For some reason, I always seem to miss them, but today we saw one in a paddock so we stopped the car and I worked up the courage to get out and take a photo of it (emus aren't my most favourite creatures...let's just say I made enemies with one when I was about 4 years old).

Felix had lots of fun today. We had lunch in an old cinema which was full of movie memorabilia and antiques. Felix was able to wander around while we ate. He had a fun time looking at things and touching them. His favourite was a giant papier mache ram which he kept patting and saying, "Aaaaaah". We bought him a Vegemite sandwich, which he ate, but he liked the look of my pie better so, in between his wandering, he kept coming back to the table to eat some of it. He also shared my bottle of water which was a little bit gross, especially because after he drank some of it, I could see bits of my pie floating in it. Lucky I love him....hahahaha!








No comments:

Post a Comment