Tuesday 11 December 2012

Mischievous Monkey

Doing some Maths homework
Just when I thought he couldn't get much more mischievous, Felix showed me exactly what he was capable of today!

I was up in my room getting dressed this morning and Felix was wandering around the house (all the doors/baby gates were shut to keep him contained to the Felix-proof areas). After a couple of minutes I heard a tapping noise coming from the lounge room. Felix has been banging toys on the TV cabinet over the past few days, so I rushed down there to check if he was doing it again. What I found was a very content Felix, with Isaiah's Maths book open in front of him, drawing lots of dots on the page with a pencil (hence the tapping). He looked very proud of himself as he kept drawing a great picture all over the inside cover of the book. Just the way he had the book open wide, resting on the wood in front of the TV (which is perfect 'desk height' for Felix), looked so well thought out. How could I tell him off? Thankfully, it ended up being a book Isaiah was finished with already so there was no harm done, but it's still a mystery as to where the pencil came from. We have one of those mysterious fairy's in our house who leaves things out when all the kids swear they have put them away!

What do you mean this isn't safe?
I knew the day was coming soon when Felix would work out that he can easily climb out of his bed. Well....that day was today! I put him down for his morning sleep. He gave me a kiss and a cuddle, tucked his monkey and his 'ugly' sock cat under his arm, and lay down. Sometimes he chats for a while, after I put him to bed, and some days he won't go to sleep for over half an hour. I could still hear him chatting away about 45 minutes after I put him in his room,  so I thought I'd take a peek and see what he was doing. I opened the door to see him sitting on the floor, happily playing with his toys. He gave me an enormous smile (I'm sure he knew he was meant to be asleep), and continued to play. I decided to let him come out and have his lunch and figured I would try again later. He never goes without a day sleep so I knew he would be tired.

Just doing some cleaning out!
An hour or so later, I put Felix back to bed again. He looked so tired and I was pretty confident he would go straight to sleep. How wrong was I? After ten minutes I could still hear him talking so, after the events of earlier, I thought I'd better check on him. When I opened the door I couldn't believe my eyes! He was sitting in the third drawer from the top of his chest of drawers. It was wide open and he was sitting right in the middle of it, draping his clothes over his head before he threw them down onto the floor! The whole drawer was almost empty and his bedroom floor was littered with clothes. He looked so proud of himself! Little monkey must have stood on his bed, opened the drawer and then climbed up and into it. I am so thankful it is extremely heavy and the drawers can't be pulled all the way out. If it had tipped and fallen on him it could have hurt him really badly. Needless to say, I went straight out and bought locks for all the drawers and Nathan put them on as soon as he got home from work. Hopefully they work and he doesn't figure out how to open them. I wouldn't put anything past our little guy!

2 comments:

  1. lol cheeky little monkey alright. Thank goodness he didnt hurt himself. Too cute though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found him asleep on the floor today... a much safer option than climbing in the drawers!! He's such a busy little person :)

      Delete