Sunday 9 December 2012

Bit Spoilt

With his monkey and 'ugly' sock cat watching TV from the couch
Why does Felix have to go to bed so early? I'm so excited about Christmas, and today we put the lights up on our house. The only problem is he's been asleep for hours and it's only just dark enough to see them. It's a bit of a dilemma...haha! I love that, here in Australia, Christmas is during the Summer, but the downside is that it's also daylight saving so it doesn't get dark until really late. I think we may have to try and keep Felix awake just one night before Christmas so we can drive around and see the lights. Not sure how we'll go; he'll probably fall asleep in the car, but it's worth a try!


Spinning!

Felix's latest favourite thing to do is spin. He turns around and around in circles until he's completely dizzy, loses his balance and falls over. Once his eyes have stopped flickering, he gets straight back up and does it again. Sometimes he spins while he's holding his monkey and his 'ugly' sock cat, and sometimes he shakes some noisy toys while he spins. Other times he just spins because he can! It's pretty cute to watch, but I'm glad he doesn't ask me to join in; I get dizzy enough just watching him.

On the couch eating lunch
I'm sure that now Felix is two years old he thinks he's just like his big brothers. Until recently, Felix would always sit on the floor to play or watch TV. Over the past week, I have found him sitting up on the couch, looking very grown up, reading a book or watching the TV from there. He looks so tiny sitting in the big chair. I've always been a bit of a clean freak and very strict about the kids eating in the kitchen, but Felix was spoilt today. I threw a blanket over the couch and let him sit up there to eat his lunch. I'll probably live to regret that decision when he wants to do it all the time but hey, even two year olds need a bit of a treat from time to time don't they? ;)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. He is very tiny! I really should get him weighed again soon. I suppose they will do it before his surgery on Monday. I wonder if he's over the 9.5kg mark yet?

      Delete