Monday 24 December 2012

Christmas Eve

Fun with Papa
'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a..... well, actually, there are still plenty of people stirring. The magic of Christmas is a bit lost on our older kids these days. They don't feel the need to go to sleep early so Santa can come but, I can guarantee, they'll be bleary eyed when I wake them up at 7.30am in the morning!

We have had the most lovely day. I've been busy getting food organised for tomorrow, but my Mum and Dad have arrived for Christmas and have been having a great time with the kids, and keeping Felix busy. Mum taught Felix how to do the actions to 'I'm a little teapot' this morning. He picked it up straight away, making a perfect little spout with his arm (we still have to work on the handle), and tipping himself over. He kept signing 'again, again'. It was the cutest thing! Felix loves it when my Dad whistles a particular tune (very annoying, but he loves it...haha!) When Dad stops whistling, Felix puts his lips together and blows out of his mouth, mimicking him, until Dad does it again.
Reading his new Christmas book with Bekah

Felix has loved all the attention today. Not only are his Granny and Papa here, but his big sister, Bekah, as well. The funniest thing he did today, was to go around the whole room giving everyone in it a kiss; Papa, Granny, Bekah, Aaron, Isaiah and Joel. After he had kissed everyone I said to him, "Can I please have a kiss?" and he shook his head 'No'. All of us cracked up laughing at him. After that I said, "Felix, say Mum", and he shook his head again. Cheeky boy! Why give me a kiss or say my name when he's got a room full of different people to share his love with?

Admiring the tree
This afternoon, we did our traditional thing, and exchanged one gift each. I gave the presents to Felix and asked him to hand them out. He did so well! I told him who they were for, and he went over to that person and gave it to them. He looked so proud of himself. It was like he knew he was doing a really important job. He was a fantastic little helper. When it was his turn to open a present, he offered it to someone else, but soon got the hang of it when we started tearing the paper for him. I can't wait until tomorrow morning to see how he reacts when he sees his gifts under the tree.

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish all of you a very merry Christmas, from our home to yours. I hope you have a wonderful day surrounded by those you love. To those who will be missing a loved one this Christmas, my thoughts will be with you. Our little angel, Eden, will be very much on my mind tomorrow. I take comfort in knowing that she has lots of other precious children, and loving adults, in heaven celebrating Christmas with her. Much love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment