Sunday 14 April 2013

Love To See Him Laugh

This smile brightens my day
Felix has improved even more today. His nose is still a bit mucky and he has the occasional cough, but he is much better than he was yesterday. His nappies are a bit gross, but I think that's probably from the antibiotics. He had another extremely long day sleep today, for over 3 hours, so his body must still need a lot of rest. I have to take him back to the GP tomorrow for a post-hospital visit. I'm pretty sure the Doctor will be happy with him. I think it will just take a few more days for him to be back to normal. He had lots of little bursts of energy today, and has laughed more than I have seen him laugh for a while, so he's well on his way.

Those eyes!
Hopefully, by Tuesday, Felix will have improved enough to have his assessments done by the Occupational Therapist and the Speech Pathologist. The assessment is not a necessity, but we are doing it to see what areas of Felix's development we need to work on more specifically. I'm really excited to see what the results of the assessment are. I know which areas Felix is stronger in, like his fine motor skills, but I'm looking forward to being able to modify the way we work with him at home, concentrating more on the areas he is weaker in. We want to give him every opportunity to achieve everything he is capable of. He has already amazed us with his skills and abilities, learning new things all the time. I have no doubt he will push himself to be the best he can be. He's an inspiration!





After his assessment tomorrow, the Podiatrist is going to come and have a look at Felix's feet and legs. I have no idea whether there are any issues with them. We used a Happy Strap (every day from the age of 1-2 years old) to stop Felix from splaying his legs out wide, and to encourage correct leg positioning. This is just my personal opinion, but I really believe it helped Felix get into good habits with crawling and then walking. The Physio was very impressed with Felix's hip and leg placement, so we'll see if the Podiatrist says the same thing, 6 months after we have stopped using it. Hopefully he's maintained the correct position. If you're interested in checking out the Happy Strap, this is the website www.happystrap.co.za
Nice to see him laughing again


I love my football (Aussie rules), and my team was playing tonight. We decided to buy take away food for dinner and sit and watch the game. I just loved watching Felix. He sat in front of the TV, mesmerised by the game. He cheered in all the right places, clapping his hands and making encouraging noises. When people in the crowd waved, he waved back. It was adorable! He has started doing a lot of mimicking, especially when we sing to him, or when he sees people singing on one of his kid's DVD's. He has started opening and shutting his mouth, to mimic our mouths moving when we sing. I'm posting a video tonight and you can see him doing this right at the beginning. Enjoy... I think it's kind of cute!!










No comments:

Post a Comment