Tuesday 29 March 2016

Bouncing Back

Those eyes!
One of the things I was worried about, when Felix started school, was how his immune system would cope with all the extra bugs and germs that he would be exposed to. Winter, during kindy, was often tough, but that was only 5 days a fortnight and school is 10. It is currently week 9 of an 11 week school term and, amazingly, he has only missed 3 days with sickness despite his restricted diet that doesn't allow for a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables. I'm very thankful for an excellent multi vitamin, probiotics and other supplements. They're definitely worth it!


Sound asleep.
His nemesis has always been croup. He starts off with the slightest runny nose, and by night time can be barking like a seal! He had one night of suspicious coughing last week, but was fine the next day. Yesterday, I prepared myself for the worst when he fell asleep in the middle of the day. Felix never sleeps during the day. He is like the Energiser bunny and bounces around from 6.30am, until he goes to bed at 7.30pm. Within an hour or so he had a fever, so I held my breath and waited for the coughing to start. It didn't. Instead, he threw up once...thankfully, not too much, but I wasn't looking forward to washing sheets and changing bedding all night! He seemed a bit better when he went off to bed and, I was so happy when he slept all night with no more vomiting!! Yaaaay!!

He stayed home from school today and, when I got home from work, he was back to his usual energetic self. He was keen to do his homework and read his readers, and do some other reading activities on his ipad. He ate a bit of dinner, and rode his little bike around while wearing my boots (as you do). The funniest thing was his game of "Duck, duck, goose!" He made a circle, using halves of his plastic Easter eggs. They were the other "people" in the game. He sat in the circle and touched the eggs and said "duck" a few times before one of them was the goose. He then made the egg chase him around the circle until he sat in that egg's spot. Sometimes he had to chase the egg, and other times the eggs chased each other. I love watching him improvise when he doesn't have other kids to play with. He's such a funny kid!

I mentioned in a recent blog that Felix has just had blood taken to test for a whole bunch of things. I got a call from the medical centre today to say that the Doctor wants to see me to talk about the results. They said it wasn't urgent, so I'll breathe easy, but I'm interested to hear what she has to say. In the meantime, I'll enjoy the fact that I have my healthy boy back again. Hopefully he'll be off to school tomorrow, wearing out his teacher instead of me ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment